If you are among the masses of people who used to fit into the dark insular circles of goths and industrial type music enthusiasts, you should be happy to see a somewhat notable resurrection of this fashion and a whole new spin on the dark witchy days inspired by Stevie Nicks, Cocteau Twins, and Kate Bush. Today this music has morphed into witchhouse, drag, rapegaze, and haunted house, all subgenres we would all love to drop casually in our coffee drenched Mission conversations. This is something we should honestly be excited about, hold on to, and then savor the beauty that was the moment goth came back. Besides, I have buckets full of witchy looking 90's boot-heals that I snatched from vintage stores for my dark little secret- I used to be a goth.
Although I would love to go into all the bands that match perfectly with this fashion trend I'll let you do that. Or you could just look at this list compiled by www.expatriarch.com:
Passions: sounds a bit like Joy Order remixed by Afrikraft Bambaatwerk
The Beauty: spacious electro-shoegaze
Salem: Nine Inch Nails meets Enya, chopped and screwed
Modern Witch: danceable paranoid dissonance
Sleep ∞ Over: lo-fi dirge ballads
Pregnancy Pact: squiggly noise and tapefuckery
Outside of these bands I've been taken by the new and old sounds of Matthew Dear, Geographer, Boaz (not hiphop), The Cranes, and Tamaryn.


No comments:
Post a Comment